(sample of the energy efficiency label for refrigerating appliances)
The labels for refrigerators will display several elements in accordance with CRS 57:2018 – Requirements for Energy Labelling for Refrigerating Appliances.
Elements displayed on labels shall include:
- the programme name (CARICOM Energy Label);
- the type of refrigerating appliance (e.g. refrigerator, wine cooler etc).
- the measured capacity, or size in SI units or a combination of SI and imperial units;
- any special features of the product;
- the measured energy consumption;
- the brand name of the appliance;
- the model identification number
- the name of the manufacturer;
- the country of origin;
- the energy efficiency rating (A to F).
Labels may also include, at the desire of the respective countries:
- estimated yearly operating cost in the currency of the country of sale;
- the current energy rate used to calculate the estimated yearly operating cost in the currency of the country of sale per kWh;
- a validity period for the information on the energy label;
- a statement indicating “Your cost will vary with electricity rates and use”.